Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Back fer Realz!

Blogger wasn't cooperating with Internet Explorer and I work off a company laptop even at home. The firewalls wouldn't let me use Firefox so I couldn't get on to blog. The issues with IE and blogger seem to be cleared up, so now I can blog here again.

In the meanwhile, I've been running a private blog accessible only to family and friends at another site.

Let's see what's happened to me since the last time I was here.

I bought a house, I still travel for work, I have 2 minidoxies that are now 8 months old. I slipped and hurt my back and knee in July and had to go to the chiropractor and into physical therapy to get the feeling back in my leg and to strengthen my back and knee. I joined a gym as a Christmas present to myself and I started working out with a personal trainer one day a week to show me how to properly do the exercises that I do the rest of the week. I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to but I have lost a lot of inches and I feel great--more energetic and stronger.

While searching the web for ideas for lunches to take to work besides sandwiches, I've become a bit obsessed with Bento Boxes. I've been loading my rubbermaid containers in bento style. I may break down and buy a couple of bento boxes anyway--some of them are very attractive.

I've purchased a sewing machine. The first one I've owned since college. I'll be making things like slipcovers for the furniture and curtains for the house.

I'm out of town right now. When I get back home, I want to work on the backyard. I'd like to start a garden and I want to put in a patio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home